WoW Confidential

World of Warcraft Guides and Discussion

Kraklin On February - 19 - 2010

[Update 1: 10:05pm EST - Added list of items you can purchase with Frozen Orb Trade-in]

I am working on a post detailing all the profession and economy changes with patch 3.3.3 but I wanted to inform you guys of this change right away so you can pick up cheap Frozen Orbs before others buy them.

One key note is that Frozen Orbs will be used as currency to purchase items (listed below). So Buy them up!! and hold onto any orbs you do have. They are going for 7-10g on my server right now and I’ve already cleaned them out. Buying and Selling like this on the Auction house is how I’ve made a huge chunk of my gold and I learned it from WoW School’s guide.

- Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.

Items you Can Buy With Frozen Orbs

For those curious, here are the items for which you can trade your Frozen Orbs to Frozo. These each cost 1 Frozen Orb unless noted otherwise in parentheses:

• Crusader Orb (6)
  • Runed Orb (4)
  • Eternal Fire
  • Eternal Earth
  • Eternal Water
  • Eternal Air
  • Eternal Life
  • Eternal Shadow
  • Frost Lotus
  • Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)

source

Two of the items on this list stand out to me, Frost Lotus currently sell for around 55g but that price will go down on Tuesday because of the increased drop rate. However you can expect Frost Lotus to sell around 30g meaning if Frozen orbs can trade 1:1 for this item then you can buy up Frozen orbs now for up to this amount.

I am being a little more conservative and buying up to only 15g, so far I’ve bought 160 at 10g but I really notice on my server that players have got wind of this at the price on the AH is up to 40g each.

A few more quick notes:

• Runed Orbs: Recipes which require this item have had their material requirements significantly reduced.
  • Inscription
    • Most recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1.
  • Mining
    • Titansteel Bar: Creating this item no longer results in a cooldown.
  • Tailoring
    • Glacial Bag: Creating this item now invokes a 7-day cooldown.
    • The cooldown and location requirements have been removed from creating Moonshroud, Spellweave and Ebonweave.

Good luck with your profits, follow WoW Schools guide to learn about other flips like this and just keep in mind that these are notes for the PTR and are subject to change at anytime before the patch is released.

11 Responses

1. Zeferoth says:

Inscription

* Most recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1.

This going to have an effect on glyph prices?

• Tashi says:

This with proberbly change the prices of glyphs maybe by a few gold but there with most likely be more inks on the ah because there is less needed.

2. Belloq says:

Frost lotus will be buyed for gold not exchanged for frozen orb:
    For further informations see:
    [ link removed see comment below]

• Kraklin says:

That is currently a bug on the PTR, Blizzard would never allow people to be able to purchase frost lotus for 3g each, it’d ruin the economy.

3. Scott says:

Do you think the change to the no cooldown or location on tailoring Moonshroud, Spellweave and Ebonweave affect the price on those or the mats required for those? I imagine yes but how much and should we be doing something now?

• adelleda says:

I expect the cloth prices to drop to around the cost of making them. So whats that, Imbued Frostweave cloth (16g or w/e your server has them priced at) + the cost of what ever eternal your using (Fire – 30, Life – 25, Shadow 15). Now I would expect eternal prices to rise in price with the cooldown being removed.

I’ve already sold any stock i had (not much mind you) and started buying up eternals in preparation for the patch.

If only I’d been swift enough to get those Frozen orbs before ppl bought them all and priced them to 100g/ea ….. bastards

4. Sarama says:

I bought 20 frozen orbs for 101g someone trying just not to vendor them the morning before the announcement. I’m currently using them for my Icy Prisms, though…

I’m going to check the AH for any when I get home, but I’m on a fairly populated server, so I’m sure people have beaten me to it.
    .-= Sarama´s last blog ..The Gold Cap – A Detailed Explanation =-.

5. Pascal says:

No, Frostlotus can be buy no for Gold, it’s an error on the Picture, 1 Frostlotus can be buy for 1 Frozen Orb. Sry for my Bad english im a German :D

6. Melee101 says:

Since everyone is going to make money by selling Frozen Orbs the price will drop damatically. The only true source of making gold will be dailies with many LvL 80 chars. So get all your friends together for a stable amount of gold everyday,on Patch 3.3.3!

• Kraklin says:

the price of frozen orbs will remain at the same as eternal fires/frost lotus after patch 3.3.3 Dailies is one of the lowest gold/hour ways to make gold, only recommended if you are looking to make a low amount of gold fast or save up to power level a profession to make gold.

7. Hellcat says:

Hey! Thanks for the tip: I got a tip for you too!

May not work on all servers but check it out,
    EU Dragonblight, 1 frozen orb is around 25g (patch 3.3.3)

4 x frozen orb = 100g

turn the 4 orbs into a RUNED ORB, these sell on 170g on my server, 70g profit.
    Just watch out and see how the prices are on your server.