[Update 1: 10:05pm EST - Added list of items you can purchase with Frozen Orb Trade-in]
I am working on a post detailing all the profession and economy changes with patch 3.3.3 but I wanted to inform you guys of this change right away so you can pick up cheap Frozen Orbs before others buy them.
One key note is that Frozen Orbs will be used as currency to purchase items (listed below). So Buy them up!! and hold onto any orbs you do have. They are going for 7-10g on my server right now and I’ve already cleaned them out. Buying and Selling like this on the Auction house is how I’ve made a huge chunk of my gold and I learned it from WoW School’s guide.
- Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.
Items you Can Buy With Frozen Orbs
For those curious, here are the items for which you can trade your Frozen Orbs to Frozo. These each cost 1 Frozen Orb unless noted otherwise in parentheses:
- Crusader Orb (6)
- Runed Orb (4)
- Eternal Fire
- Eternal Earth
- Eternal Water
- Eternal Air
- Eternal Life
- Eternal Shadow
- Frost Lotus
- Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)
Two of the items on this list stand out to me, Frost Lotus currently sell for around 55g but that price will go down on Tuesday because of the increased drop rate. However you can expect Frost Lotus to sell around 30g meaning if Frozen orbs can trade 1:1 for this item then you can buy up Frozen orbs now for up to this amount.
I am being a little more conservative and buying up to only 15g, so far I’ve bought 160 at 10g but I really notice on my server that players have got wind of this at the price on the AH is up to 40g each.
A few more quick notes:
- Runed Orbs: Recipes which require this item have had their material requirements significantly reduced.
- Most recipes that required 2 inks now only require 1.
- Titansteel Bar: Creating this item no longer results in a cooldown.
- Glacial Bag: Creating this item now invokes a 7-day cooldown.
- The cooldown and location requirements have been removed from creating Moonshroud, Spellweave and Ebonweave.
Good luck with your profits, follow WoW Schools guide to learn about other flips like this and just keep in mind that these are notes for the PTR and are subject to change at anytime before the patch is released.